Auntie Stone Room
|Room Rate||$175 Sun.-Thurs., $200 Fri.-Sat. USD|
|Approximate Size||281 square feet|
- Queen bed with luxury linens
- Hair dryer
- Bluetooth alarm clock radio
- Iron and ironing board
- Complimentary high-speed wireless Internet
- Gas fireplace
- 100% non-smoking room
- Programmable safe
- Claw foot slipper bathtub
- Walk-in shower
- Plush bathrobes
- Located on the second floor of The Lodge, adjacent to the main house
Leave your cares behind in this cozy, sky-lit room. The gas wood stove and the claw-foot slipper tub make this hideaway the most intimate of settings.
Who was Auntie Stone?
Elizabeth “Auntie” Stone is remembered as the “Founding Mother of Fort Collins.” As the first Euro-American woman to settle in Fort Collins, her two-story log cabin was the first private dwelling in Fort Collins. She was named “Auntie” Stone by the army soldiers and officers who visited her mess hall and boarded at her cabin.